Friday, April 1, 2011

BSMA, Meeroos, and Stuffs :-D

It has been a little bit of time since I've blogged.  I have been INSANELY busy at both RL work and SL stuff!  But, now it's time for an update.  I'll do the quick stuff first and then tell you about the Breedables Secondary Market Association (which I'm very excited about!).

First, Carter's Cat House is really starting to come into its own.  We've gotten rave reviews from both the folks that come and from a very important blog called Breedables, Inc. http://breedables.wordpress.com/ If you haven't checked out this blog, you really need to.  They give you the skinny on just about everything that's going on in the breedables industry.  And, I'm not just saying that because they gave us a glowing review.  LOL  They really are a great source of information.  But, Carter's Cat House is starting to get really get off the ground.  Our group is getting closer to 200 members everyday and our subscribe-o-matic thinger has a BUNCH of people.  If you haven't come by the cat house, please stop by!  

We also have a calendar that I *think* everyone can view to stay updated on all of the stuff going on at Carter's Cat House.  https://www.google.com/calendar/render?hl=en&pli=1&gsessionid=boVgRltajDwmvbo7UsSIuA - if you can't view it, please let me know and I'll see if I can figure it out.  

MEEROOS!!!  Me, PsyLynn and Shynne have been in the closed beta group and it's closing today.  I thought that I would be heartbroken to see them go, but to be honest, I'm kinda glad.  And, it's not because I don't absolutely LOVE the Meeroos.  It's because the last part of the beta test was to see what happens if we starve the Meeroos.  They send incessant messages about starving and I sorta feel like I have Gitmo for Meeroos...  I feel like I should take up the grass and trees that I have setup for them, and put down a concrete slab and barbed wire.  Maybe even figure out a way to shame them in front of each other.  Now, I know that they're really just scripted pixels (the cutest lil' pixels I've ever seen in my life!).  And, I know that the only emotions they have are the ones given to them by the scripter.   However, I have never felt such guilt regarding a breedable in my life!  Please!  Take them away!!  Or, let me feed them!!  ROFL

And, finally - BSMA!  The Breedables Secondary Market Association (BSMA) was born from the idea that we’re all in the same boat, so to speak.  If all of the various venues that offer breedables had a space to discuss the issues that could possibly effect us all, then we’ll all be better off.  BSMA was birthed. Of course, this gave way to some other ideas and so some immediate short term goals got created.

1) Open an honest and meaningful dialogue with the creators of the breedables and the venue owners/employees.  Obviously, without the creators, we would not have the breedables that we love so much.  However, without the secondary market venues, there wouldn’t be a reason for them to reproduce.  I truly believe (because we see the breedables from the other side of the design desk) that we can offer views or ideas that they may have either overlooked or lost sight of.  This doesn’t mean that we expect the creators to take our thoughts as gospel.  What this is meant to do is to give all of us an opportunity to be able to walk a mile in each other’s shoes, so to speak.

2) Open an honest and meaningful dialogue between marketplaces.  Yes, we’re all competitors, but we’re all in the same boat, as well.  If one venue is suffering because of an issue that has the possibility to effect everyone, that it would be in all of our best interests to figure out a way to rectify it.  The only way this can happen is if we all have a safe place to come and bounce ideas off of each other or get support from each other regarding positive and negative things that occur in our markets.  It will also be easier for us to spot trends if we’re able to talk to each other in a safe space.

3) Start to figure out a way of promoting the industry in general.  Yes, this usually falls on the shoulders of the breedable manufacturer.  However, much like the AKC, I think it would be a boost to all of us if we were an advocate for the industry in general.  This will probably cost money, but split amongst all of us, it will be nominal.

4) Start to develop industry standards and practices for the secondary market.  I don’t mean “price fixing” or anything like that.  What I mean is general guidelines that can serve as a template for newcomers to the business.  Obviously, this will be a continuous conversation as the industry changes.  But, we can start that conversation now.

Of course, this is (hopefully) just the beginning of being able to effect our breedables industry in a positive way.  We already have a few breedable creators in the group and many secondary market venues.  If you’re an owner of a secondary market or a critical employee, please send Carter Giacobini a notecard for an invite to the group!

I hope that all of you have a GREAT day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment