Thursday, March 3, 2011

As I Live and Breed

For those of you that don't know, I'm totally addicted to breedables.  The two breedables that I have are Amaretto horses and KittyCats.  I love them.  I don't know what it is about them that I love so much, but, each time I log into SL I check them first.  Truth be told, I check them even before I answer my IM's or read notecards from people.  Strolling through my barn and checking my KittyCat breedery in my skybox is my main ritual everyday.  On the days that I'm expecting an extra special bundle or kitten box, I walk into my bedroom after RL work and start up my computer as I'm changing out of my work clothes.  As my SL is logging me in, I get my Diet Mountain Dew ready and my cigarette lit.
OK, so as I re-read that, I realized that I'm totally obsessed and I'm totally OK with that.  Why?  Because they're AWESOME!
Now, even though I still love my horses, I'm getting kinda bored with them.  I either have the coats that I love or don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money to get them into my herd.  I currently have about 60-70 horses and about 60 bundles waiting to be birthed. I have a couple of 5 traited red Andalusians that all started from one of my holiday limited edition horses that keeps giving them to me.  And, after the update from Amaretto, my beautiful deep red beauties now look like some poor lil' albino child that was left out on the beach for about 5 hours. My red Pintos look like they were wearing a fur coat and attacked by PETA activists with red paint.  After I saw how my red Andies came out, I was heartsick.  I could almost feel their value dropping as the update continued through my barn.  There was one red Andy that was spared from the update because she was pregnant (the updater was unable to update pregnant horses).  She gave birth and I found myself actually apologizing to the horse before I updated her...  
Poor thing...  I think she saw it coming...  She didn't stand a chance...  The miniature Amaretto barn left the updater barrel and headed right to her...  Then... Then she momentarily disappeared as she got updated...  When she came back she was like the others... *wipes a single tear from his eye*
 I'm sure that my sudden boredom is related to the update.  We were promised more surprises by the end of February.  Nothing.  I neeeeed new traits or new coats or something.  Give me something.  Anything.  Help me heal from the destruction of my red coated babies!  I WANT JUSTICE!  Or, at least something really cool.
I do wanna be clear about a couple of things.  I LOVE the new sculpties that are being used on the horses.  In my opinion, I think the heads look more realistic and the mane and tales are fantastic.  Their eyes are BEAUTIFUL!  They did such a great job with them and the horses are even more striking than they were before.  Even the starter eyes are beautiful.  And if I get a Sapphire Heartshine eye on one of my black walkers?  *swoons*  A Wind Element eye on any of my horses? *brings his hand to his heart and sighs*  Heaven!  All that being said, Amaretto has until the 5th before I liquidate my herd. 
For those of you that haven't seen the new KittyCats, you really need to.  They're sooooo cute!  And, I'm not even a cat lover.  But, their coats are amazingly detailed.  Their animations are so cute and they actually seem to recognize when you walk up to them because their eyes and head look right at you.  They paw at the floor and chase butterflies that they emit.  One of mine actually got under the couch.  These little furry angels have been out for approximately a month and I have about 40-50 of them.  I couldn't stop buying them as the first ones I got were gaining age and love getting ready to breed.  Now they're breeding and I'm a little scared I'm about to be over run.  LOL  But, they're so cute!!  I wish I knew how to add photos to this blog because I would share some pics of my favorites.  I'm so in love with them.
Besides all of the beauty that these cats have, I also love the fact that the creators put a lot of thought into the secondary market (meaning the resale of the bred kittens).  It's so obvious to me that they looked at the mistakes that Amaretto, Ozimals and Wildwoods had and made sure that they wouldn't repeat them.  The breeding times are slow enough to keep the market at a good pace, but quick enough so we don't get frustrated.  There is no pregnancy period (they have the babies as soon as the love gets up to 100% on both the male and female) and there's no birth recovery.  Which means, if you get a great breeding pair, they'll always gain love at the same rate.  It takes about a week for the cats to have another baby (Amaretto is about 10 days).  There's not a single thing that I would change about them so far.  Well... except that it takes 30 minutes to birth the kittens.  And, I would change the packaging that the kittens are in before they're birthed.  They look a little too much like chinese food take out containers not to make jokes about it.  I've already named my Siamese "General Tsao".  ROFL
Well, I was going to talk about my makeover today, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow.  I've rambled on about the breedables enough. :-D  See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. lol... i can so relate to your routine! My friends are starting to look at me suspiciously~ And, I am seriously starting to worry about getting overrun by cats ... i can't stop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Luckily for me, I'm surrounded by enablers... LOL But, the KittyCats are really awesome. The anims on them are just fantastic while their script load is so low. The cat in my house actually looks out the window more than anything. Just amazing

    ReplyDelete