Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"I Think, Therefore, I Blog"

I purchased a sign for my newly rezzed office that says, "I think, therefore, I blog".  I loved the sign, but I had never really written a blog.  So, I spent a couple of hours looking through some other SL related blogs and thought to myself, "I'm highly opinionated!  I have semi-decent writing skills!  I love telling people what I think about topics that probably don't mean a thing to them!"  And, my blog was born...  All because I like a sign that came with an office set...  You have the incredible furnishings store called {What Next} to thank for this.  They will be my official complaint department.

Let me start off with a fairly hot topic: The Great RedZone Debate
For those of you that have never heard of RedZone or for those that don't know about the controversy, let me sum it up fairly simply for you.  RedZone is a gadget that looks at everyone's IP address that enters your sim, compares it to other IP addresses that have been recorded on other sims by owners of the same gadget and determines which people have alts and gives you the names of the discovered alts.  It also has the capability of possibly disclosing a person's IP address if the creator of the gadget decides to do so (which he has threatened to do if he's shut down by LL).  LL has updated their TOS and removed RedZone from the marketplace, but not from inworld users that already have the gadget.

When I first heard about this, I was a bit torn.  I was mostly torn because I didn't know that the creator was, essentially, holding the IP addresses hostage in exchange for the ability to continue his business.  Then I found out about the obvious blackmail technique being used by this dingle berry in avatar form.  I'm sorry that his product (that I own, btw...) has been banned by LL.  However, to threaten the release of people's RL locations is both reprehensible and irresponsible.  I say...  Off with his head!

I also think that this is a real opportunity for LL to figure out a way for people to ban the main avi and the alts associated with that avi at the estate level.  But, I'm personally more concerned with other issues that Second Life is facing.  I don't want LL to divert its already limited personnel to work on an issue that has plagued and will plague SL as long as the grid is up and running.  

And, that, my friends, is my first worthless opinion!  Congratulations!!!!  You made it through with only minor emotional damage.  Do you think you have the strength to carry on? I dare ya...



Next Topic:  Decorating Fun With My SL Son!

As the first paragraph eluded to, we did some heavy-duty decorating.  I had started to build a house for my son and I.  However, as many projects go...  I lost steam before it was done.  So, after walking around the build for the longest time trying to get motivated, I went over to my all time favorite prefab place called Dominion Custom Homes.  They released a new house called the Lynn Haven.  Personally? I think it should've been called "Lynn Heaven".  I love this house!  After a couple of quick mods (I took off the garage doors, put up the wall, took out the wall between the old garage and the adjacent bedroom, creating a bedroom suite for myself.  I also retextured my son's bedroom and retextured the outside to make it fit in more with my sim by using cedar shingle siding and regular shingle roof shingles instead of the stucco and clay roof tiles used on the original.), my son and I were ready to decorate.

I searched through my inventory and took out all of the "must haves" for any house I live in and then searched for other stuff that would work in the home.  Luckily, I didn't have much that I wanted to see, again, so I had an excuse to go shopping.  I tp'd my son to the first store we went to.  It was called, {What Next}.  To say that I fell in love with this store would be like saying that you get moist from a tidal wave.  I LOOOOOVE this store!  Love it.  Can't get enough of it.  Every single room in the house has most of its furnishings from them.  I got the stools for the kitchen counter, the living room set, the bedroom set for me, some chairs for my son, another living room set for by the fire place, the patio furniture and various other decorations from them.  And, of course, the now notorious office set that is the reason that this blog got created.  They even had kid's galoshes that I put by the front door for where it looks like my son takes them off after coming in from playing in mud puddles.  This store ROCKS!  I think I made their tier last night by myself.  LOL  You're welcome, {What Next}.

We also went to Lisp and a couple of other stores.  Our house is finally done (with the exception of finding a couple of more art pieces) and we love it!  My son was so excited that he tp'd in a couple of his friends - which made me very happy. :-D  I love seeing him happy, proud and excited.  He's such a good soul and deserves to be in a house that he loves.


And, that's all for today.  What's on for tomorrow?  KittyCats, breedable horses and my makeover.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carter! Many thanks for the very kind words about {what next}, we enjoyed reading your blog post and good luck with the blogging!

    Winter & FrankLee

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe - you're so welcome! Thanks for taking a gander at the monster you created. :-DDD Cheers!

    ReplyDelete