Friday, March 4, 2011

If Being Sexy Were A Crime, I'd Be Guilty As Hell! ROFL

I rezzed into SL in December of 2006.  After I got rid of the newbie look, I became a model and was one of the top models in SL for a bit of time.  Because I was known for my "look", I had only really updated my skin, hair and shape - but never really revamped it.  Then I retired this avi for a bit and when I came back, a very dear friend said, "Carter... You need to update yourself."  So, I did.  I basically made the updated version of my avatar.  Sort of like the new version of the Volkswagen Beetle - It still looks the same, but not as dated.

As you can probably tell, I get bored fairly easily.  And, I got bored of making over my alts for fun.  So... You can guess what that means...  MAKE OVER TIME FOR CARTER!

My first step was to look at my skin.  When I came back to SL, I had gotten the Noah skin by La Vie.  It's a beautifully done skin.  But...  It was time for a change.  So, I looked at some skins and none really impressed me until I found Dem-Dou skins.  They're fit looking without the ridiculous six-pack abs that are on most male skins.  And, they're young looking without looking like a child.  They've also got an intensity to the face that is really cool.  The only issue with the skin after I put it on was that it made my nose look HUGE and my lips were ridiculously large.  I looked like I had gotten beaten by Rheanna's ex-boyfriend.  So, I needed to bring down the features of my face a bit.  New eyes were in order, too, so I actually just wore some eyes that I already had in my inventory that didn't look good w/ my previous skins, but I loved.  They add some intensity to the look, too.  LOVE them.

I brought my nose down a lot, but it still looks a little bit like I had gotten a cheap nose job, so I'm still working on that.  And the lips?  I now look fairly normal, even though they're a little bit more plum than I'd like.  But, I'm really satisfied by the overall look.  One of my dear friends said, "Carter, every time you make a change you get younger and younger.  What are you running from?  Pretty soon, your son is gonna look older than you!"  ROFL!  I do look younger, but that's the beauty of SL, I can be 21 yrs. old forever!

I was showing a friend of mine my new house after I had given myself the make-over and I forgot to tell her about it.  I was more excited about the house.  So, I tp'd her in and started the tour.  We had gotten through a couple of rooms and all of the sudden, she was like, "WHOAH!  Hold up!"  I stopped in my tracks thinking that she found something really wrong with the house.  She cammed over to my face and said, "Did you get new skin?"  I laughed and told her that I had and asked her opinion.  What did she say?  LOL!  "I don't mind it..."  LOL!

Another dear friend (that I've known for YEARS) tp'd in to see my make-over and she was like, "Well, it's more intense," and she changed the subject.  ROFL!

I sooooo love my friends.  They say that a man is lucky if he has 2 or 3 very close friends.  I'm lucky enough to have an SL mom (Skeye), dad (Tome) and son (Kerwin) that are truly family in all of the best ways.  Dar has known me forever and has a permanent place in my heart.  Shynne and PsyLynn are newest to my life and already feel like family.  I love these people with all of my heart.  One of the things that I love the most is that they know how to tell me how it is.  They may not be in love with my new look, but they still love me.  And, the new look may not stay, but one of the great things about SL is that I can change it anytime I want.  Any plastic surgery that I have done, I can reverse with a simple click of the mouse.

So, I may not be completely guilty of being sexy... but, at least it's different.  LOL  Again, if I could figure out how to post pics, I would.  :-D

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog Carter! I can't believe you forgot to mention that you were once voted as one of SL's 25 most beautiful people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL! well... i didn't wanna seem stuck on myself... but... If u contact me inworld, I'll be more than happy to pass u a copy of the Best of SL Magazine that hightlights me and 24 others. :-DD ROFL *passes Dar 10L for mentioning it*

    ReplyDelete